Friday, September 29, 2006


Today is the feast of Saint Michael, the Archangel and my patron saint. I am amazed at just how much this great and caring angel has been in the history of the world. Venerated by the Jews for centuries and of course winning the great battle of heaven is only a few of the things this great protector has accomplished. He aided Daniel in his great struggles, He hid the tomb of Moses to prevent the Israelites from demagodery and body worship and even guards the grave of Eve. He appeared to the great emperor Constantine and aided in his great struggles and helping in his great conversion to Christianity and he continues to be of great protection and comfort to many people on Earth right to this very day. We also celebrate and venerate the angels Gabriel (who announced to Mary that she was to become the Mother of God and also told Zechariah that his wife Elizabeth (even in her old age) was to bear a son to be known as John (The Baptist) I am convinced that my patron saint has protected me and saved my life more times than I can ever count. There have been times on the road when I had close calls with a crazy driver. I remember one time on the freeway in Orange County when I felt the wheel of my car being commandeered away from a crazy driver and what would have been a fatal accident for me. Just recently, on the street that I live today some crazy driver was barreling out of the Seven-Eleven parking lot and once again I felt heavenly intervention: this time the accelerator and the steering wheel. So today I place my cares and concerns and hurts and wishes and dreams into his hands. He will guide me and place me in his care. It is also the feast of another great archangel: Raphael. So on the good holy angels I will rely. Saint Gabriel's statue sits above my writing area. He is the "great communicator" and helps when I need a phrase or a lyric or a line of dialogue. And so on this day let me repeat a great prayer to Saint Michael: "Saint Michael, the archangel, defend me in battle. Be my protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and may you, the prince of the Heavenly host cast into hell Satan and the other evil spirits who roam the world seeking the ruin of souls. Of course, the devil's finest strategy is simple "Hey, you got plenty of time-- do whatever you want to do- live any way you want to live-- you can always ask God to forgive you at the last moment. Well of course, sometimes that last moment we never see coming! It's like being hit by that infamous ton of bricks that we all hear about. So I place my trust in his care. So far he's done one hell of a good job!

3 comments:

Tony Westbrook said...

Well I guess you got back online.
Always remember your password...the secret to life itself. Online at least.

Anonymous said...

However, if the amount that you need is reasonably small, friends and
family can provide a legitimate source of quick loans.


Look at my web blog: Prestamo

love said...

zzzzz2018.7.24
pandora jewelry
golden goose sneakers
ralph lauren outlet
nike requin pas cher
new nike shoes
tory burch outlet
pandora
mulberry handbags
jordan 8
ugg boots