Tuesday, July 31, 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AVENUE Q AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NEPHEW KEVIN


Four years ago today, a most remarkable Broadway musical opened on Broadway at the John Golden Theatre in New York. Of course, that amazing show is "Avenue Q"-- the musical with puppet characters. It is also the musical with the most original score I have heard in a long time. And what truth it portrays. "What Do You Do With B.A. in English?" or "I'm Not Wearing Underwear Today" or the poignant and my favorite song "There's a Fine Fine Line"
(between a fairy tale and a lie) Jeff Marx and Robert Lopez, the composers are simply brilliant. I love all the characters here. And of course, this is the musical that knocked off "Wicked" as best musical at the Tony Awards in 2004. This is also my nephew Kevin's 34th birthday. I called him this morning to wish him "Happy Birthday"-- he was on his way to the beach with his amazing family! I am very proud of my Godson-- he is working at Disneyland-- my very favorite place of all in the payroll department. I have the day off today on this the last day of July 2007. Where has the year gone?