Tuesday, February 20, 2007

WE REMEMBER JOHN GLENN'S ORBITAL FLIGHT AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LATE ANSEL ADAMS!




Imagine that! Forty-Five Years ago today: John Glenn blasted into outer space for the first trans orbital mission around the world! I remember getting up at Two AM to watch those proceedings on television. As a kid, I was simply fascinated and intrigued by the space program. I watched every interview and every aspect with robust attention. To me--it was simply incredible. I still remember how the city of Perth, Australia had left all of their lights on as a beacon of welcome and cheer for the young astronaut. John Glenn was my hero! Today also Sidney Poitier turns eighty years old and it is also the birthday of famous photographer Ansel Adams. Tim and i have set the date for the first reading of our musical "The Traveling Companion for Sunday, March 25, 2007. Off to work for another day of retail. My best wishes to Tim that his house appraisal goes just the way he needs it to! Fingers and toes crossed here!