Tuesday, May 20, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORIE







Today is my sister Lorie's 66th birthday. It's also a pretty historic day in other respects. Jimmy Stewart would have been 100 years old this day. Charles Lindberg took off for his historic trans Atlantic journey in "The Spirit Of Saint Louis" and Amellia Earhardt took off on this date for her fateful journey. Christopher Columbus died on this date in poverty-- alas. Today also ninety-three million people watched the last episode of Cheers in 1978. But I really want to wish my eldest sister a most happy birthday. We've had a lot of fun over the years and she has provided a lot of comfort over all these many years. One of the beautiful things about my dear sister is that she and her life is free of drama-- she is who she is-- and that's it. She tells you the truth without once hurting your feelings. She is kind, loving, considerate and I have always loved her and always will. Happy Birthday Lorie! I did get a call from a Staples Office Supply recruiter so maybe there is a glimmer of hope in my labor crisis. Prayers are certainly appreciated and welcomed. No closing signs have yet arrived-- I hope that's a good sign.

No comments: