Friday, August 11, 2006



Well, I'm writing this late today, but I wanted to give some praise to a very fine entertainer that I watched on TV as I was growing up in high school and going to college. His name of course was Mike Douglas and he passed away this morning: on his 81st birthday at 5:30am-- very sad. Mike Douglas was realy cool and laid back. He was a true gentleman in every respect. He had some of the most famous people in the world on his program that was first broadcast from Cleveland , then went to Philedelphia and finally moved to Los Angeles in 1978. He was the singing voice of Cinderella's "Prince Charming in Walt Disney's classic animated movie in 1950. Richard Nixon, Barry Goldwater (who played his trombone on the program) and John Lennon and Yoko Ono all appeared as guests and co-hosts. I remember so well his last top ten hit in 1966-- the year my father died. It was called "The Men In My Little Girl's Life"-- simply charming. Mike Douglas had three for real daughters--two were twins. I will miss him much! Well another birthday today is that of Alex Haley-- the world famous author of "Roots"-- which of course became that historical, star-studded television mini-series that everybody in this country must have watched. A lot of Hollywood stars appeared in those programs! I watched every episode! Not too much other to report here. Hot weather continues here. And speaking of weather, it has been confirmed that July 2006 is now the official hottest July since weather has been recorded back in 1878. It looks like there might be a cease fire between Israel and Lebanon, thank God! As far as that plot to blow up those airplanes, all I can say is that God certainly came through for us on this one. WE simply would not have come back from this cowardly plot if it had been successfully implemented! Thank you, Dear Lord! I've had a couple of bad sales days at work, but hopefully all will go well tomorrow. And Hurray, I have a Sunday off this week! I can go to church! I plan to praise God on my knees for this favvor! Until next time....

No comments: