Wednesday, June 14, 2006


Good Morning! I saw the preview for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie and it really looks exciting. The first one was really incredibly well done and deserved all the critical kudos. The new one involving legendary Davy Jones looks even more exciting. Johnny Depp is really a very talented guy-- he can really make you believe that this is all very real! The rest of the cast was sterling as well. I am also very excited to see the changes planned for the revised "Pirates of The Caribbean Ride" at Disneyland this summer. Of course you must know that I am an absolute Disneyland fanatic -- from the very first visit of my life back in 1957. I am told that the changes will be really spectacular! In my opinion, nothing the park has done (except perhaps Indiana Jones) comes anywhere close to the originality of this amazing attraction. It was the last attraction that Walt Disney personally supervised. The ride will celebrate its 40th anniversary next year in 2007. Speaking of other scary things, I saw the remake of "The Omen" last night. I must say that this re-make is just as good--- if not better than the original. I saw that original in its purity: in a full wide screen pre-dolby stereophonic sound at the Academy Awards Theatre in Beverly Hills with a classic actress by the name of Jacqueline DeWitt. Jacqueline had played many great parts including a classic Twilight Zone episode in which she played the nagging wife of Burgess Merrideth in that episode where Henry Beeker, bookworm is the only survivor of a nuclear blast because he spends lunch hours in the vault of the bank where he works. This version of "The Omen" featured a classic appearance by Mia Farrow. It was grand to see Mia again after all these years in such a juicy role. I also think that this version helps explain the prophecy aspect of the story from the book of Revelation. Its also interesting to see the Catholic Church (and the last pope syndrome) shown in a prominent part of the plot. So I do recommend it. I haven't done a lot of writing this week, but it may very well be that the muse is a bit tired. I am really looking forward to recording the new songs for "Traveling Companion" on Monday, June 19th with Tim Doran. Bill Lewis is singing for us and we can't miss with that. Bill lewis has been my faithful friend for almost twenty years now and he is an absolute joy to work with. Not one ounce of bad ego! I also am eager to hear a young singer named Danny that Tim found in his chorus class at school. I am told that he has a most amzing voice. Speaking of amazing voice, yesterday I met in my camera store a great talent of the past. None other than James Darren who of course recorded songs like "Gidget" and "Goodbye Cruel World" Here was the guy who played sexy crazy "Moondoggie" in that same Gidget movie with Sandra Dee! Jim shows his age, but sure looks better than Frankie Vallie did on the Tonys the other night. Jim gave me a new CD that he has just recorded and I am anxious to listen to it. By the way, I wrote a commercial for Ritz Camera and we'll record that on June 19th as well. Great or unique things always happen to me on the 19th of the month throughout the years-- the 19th of October was my parent's anniversary! Interesting! Well, that's about it for now! See you tomorrow! And sing a little of that Pirates Theme Song -- won't you? Walt would appreciate it!

No comments: